Join Us! We are looking to hire for our 2023 season!
Back Alley Bikes (501c3) is seeking an experienced Mechanic for the retail store, The Hub of Detroit. 100% of the profit from The Hub of Detroit is used to fund the community outreach programs of the 501c3. The Hub of Detroit specializes in sales and repairs of used bikes. Applicants must be comfortable working in an urban environment with a diverse clientele.
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Build and work on used bikes for our sales floor
- Properly evaluate a bike and be able to make proper repairs
- Use our POS system for transactions, as well as opening & closing the register
- Provide all customers with attentive customer service
- Follow shop systems and procedures
- Keep workbenches clean and organized
- Assist with inventory of new items and organization of the shop
- Be open to training, feedback, and ongoing learning
The Ideal Candidate:
- Loves bikes! Riding and/or working on them
- Is welcoming to people
- Likes teaching/educating others about bicycles and maintenance
- Has great attention to detail
- Is able to take direction and is self-motivated
- Understands basic bicycle mechanics such as changing a flat, adjusting brakes, etc.
This job typically requires:
- Standing up to 5+ hours per shift
- Bending, leaning, kneeling, and climbing stairs on a regular basis
- Lifting up to 30 pounds or more
- This would be a 15-20 hr.,/week position with opportunity to increase in the Summer.
- Must be able to work:
- Pay starts at $14/hr., but based on experience
- Ideal start date: as soon as possible
- Applications and interviews on a rolling basis – please submit as soon as possible
Back Alley Bikes is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com