Back Alley Bikes (501c3) is seeking an experienced Shop Manager for the retail store, The Hub of Detroit. 100% of the profit from The Hub of Detroit is used to fund the community outreach programs of the 501c3. The Hub of Detroit specializes in sales and repairs of used bikes, so experience as a mechanic is a must and any “Community” shop experience is a plus. Applicants must be comfortable working in an urban environment with a diverse clientele.
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Salary / Compensation: Based on Experience
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise and mechanical ability.
- Ability to instruct/train staff on a variety of mechanical skills and products.
- Provide all customers with excellent customer service and hold staff accountable for the same level of service.
- Resolve any customer complaints/issues quickly and effectively.
- Write work orders based on on-the-spot analysis; provide customers with accurate cost estimates and maintenance suggestions.
- Schedule and complete service repairs in a timely manner.
- Create a weekly work schedule for staff and assign workload to mechanics based on skill set and priority.
- Create and enforce shop systems and procedures as necessary.
- Keep the sales floor and merchandise neat, organized and stocked.
- Organize supplies and products within the workshop to promote a clean and efficient work environment.
- Ability to identify, and communicate all product and inventory concerns to Back Alley Bikes Board in a timely manner.
- Operate point-of-sale system and complete end of day register accounting.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all organizational policies and standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Rides Bicycles.
- Is great with people.
- Likes teaching/educating customers and staff about bicycles and maintenance.
- Has great attention to detail.
- Is able to multitask and has good decision making skills.
- Is able to take direction and work without direct supervision.
- Standing up to 6+ hours per shift.
- Bending, leaning,kneeling, and climbing stairs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Back Alley Bikes is an equal opportunity employer
Contact us at email@example.com